Tuesday 18 August 2009

Steampunk Jewelry Article

Yes it's that time again! This is my latest offering in Making Jewellery Magazine. A very pretty pin, though I say so myself, It also made it onto the cover!! (Top right hand side) however I must admit it is not clockwork (I did not create the title - before any irate emails come my way...) although it uses assorted steampunk-style cogs and gears.

It also namechecks the adorable Clockwork Girls of Caledon, foremost of whom is of course dear Cornelia Rothschild who inspired the clockwork hearts collection of my steampunk jewellery.
I've been making like mad for the first UK steampunk convention, at which I am to have a stall. A ghastly cold has stopped me going to the studio for a few days so I've just had to sit on the sofa with pets and a whole pile of beads and wire. Hubby has been most tolerant of the house becoming my studio for a bit and has even suggested we get in a curry tonight to cheer me up! Hurrah!

2 comments:

Gina-B said...

Oh, I hope the cold improves! Congrats on more coverage too.

Thanks for your comments too - I am looking into downloadables, apparently my shop software can accomodate them. So now it's just figuring out what to write! Your idea for a multi-author instruction area is a good one too!

Hope the show goes excellently well!

Fuschia Begonia said...

Cool kilt pin ideas. And a handy set of bent-nose pliers, too :)